пятница, 2 октября 2015 г.

Don't think for me...

I really like OpenVZ and Proxmox. But what I hate is programs which try to think for me. For example, we have /var/lib/vz and subdirectories on ZFS. If by chance it was not mounted on system startup, OpenVZ creates subdirectories in /var/lib/vz/template. Next time ZFS filesystem containers/vz/template just will not be mounted on non-empty /var/lib/vz/template. And you discover it only during runtime. If OpenVZ just threw error on startup, it would be better. If ZFS just silently mounted filesystems over non-empty directories (as usual mount does), it would be better. But two subsystems try to think for me and make my life better. I hate programs being so smart...

2 комментария:

  1. Привет Алексей. У меня вопрос если Solaris имеет бассейн на 5 дисков то получается их при каждой перезагрузки монтировать? Просто не имел дело с большим количеством дисков.

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Эмм.. Во-первых, я Алесандр. Во-вторых, не понял до конца вопроса. Если у нас есть пул не важно из скольки дисков, почему он не должен монтироваться при перезагрузке?

      Удалить