понедельник, 28 февраля 2011 г.

Read UPDATING, Luck...

I spent weekend updating my desktop system. I've built 8.2, updated Xorg, KDE and different trifles. Finally I reinstalled autoconf,automake,libltdl,libtool, because portmaster couldn't update them (ports moved). Periodically I had to kill grep during port install, because I forgot to update portmaster. These two problems could be solved if I had read "UPDATING"... But the last one was interesting: I didn't manage to make xf86-video-ati work, system hanged with "radeon" driver and performance dropped significantly with "radeonhd". At last, I rolled back to using x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati613. I have to update other major ports (OpenJDK, Chromium, Firefox), but this can wait. I'm going to wait for Chromium 9 (which was promised to land in ports tree in March-April) and to replace OpenOffice with LibreOffice on this week...

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий