суббота, 28 апреля 2012 г.

Qt fonts in Ubuntu 12.04

After updating from 10.04 to 12.04 and adapting a bit to Unity (Adaptation included creation of setxkbmap startup script) I found annoying problem: fonts in Skype looked ugly...

I've tried using qtconfig to set fonts, but it was useless. Settings were not used. However they worked if application was run with sudo.

I found that reason was the following: applications run with sudo couldn't communicate with DBUS and so used font settings in ~/.config/Trolltech.conf. Whe run normally they communicated with gconfd-2 and tryed to use default system font (Ubuntu11). But Qt doesn't know anything about this font (don't know why). So I just changed default system fonts to DejaVu font family and now Qt applications (including Skype) looks better.

2 комментария:

  1. try to install qtconf and change fonts there
    apt-get install qt4-qtconfig
    qtconfig -> fonts -> ubuntu (regular)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. I've tried, but on my system qtconf doesn't show fonts from Ubuntu family

    ОтветитьУдалить